As a kid, my favorite category on Jeopardy was always Potpourri. It was the stick-all-the-random-questions-here category, the junk drawer of Jeopardy, and it was inevitably the hardest category because the questions could range from cookies to cowboys to chemistry. It was fun. It was random. It was a general collection of useless information. And for someone who generally collects useless information, it was always my favorite.
Think of this blog post as the potpourri of the last few days. We're gonna go through some random stuff...
1) Today I have been pregnant for six months. I am not as huge as I thought I could be at this point. But my pants are getting uncomfortable and my shirts need to be longer. So not quite tiny, but not quite huge. Pretty good, size wise.
2) Baby R is a KICKER!!! If my waistband is too tight: kickkickkick. If I'm leaning forward for too long: kickkickkick. If I roll over to a different position at night: kickkickkick. If I balance ANYTHING on my tummy: KICKKICKKICK. And ESPECIALLY when I have a full bladder and am on the phone at work and there's no possible way I'm getting to the bathroom anytime soon, kickkickkickkickkickkickkickkick. If I don't see soccer scholarships in about 18 years, there will be retribution, is all I'm sayin'.
3) I realized that, because the baby is growing, I needed to increase my calcium intake and should probably be getting more fruit and vegetables in my diet. I didn't help that Kroger had strawberries on sale 2 packs for $4. Bright fresh sweet summer fruit in the middle of gloomy rainy windy February/March? Yes and please
4) Thanks to Goldberry's Seven Day Smoothie Challenge Blog Post Series, I started drinking smoothies with lunch at work. I did this instead of at breakfast for two reasons: 1) I need my morning coffee and having two drinks for breakfast would just not work and 2) it keeps me fuller longer if I have a smoothie in the middle of the day.
5) Strawberry Banana Smoothies are delicious. If pink could have a flavor, it would be strawberrybanana. Yum.
6) I now own a green tumbler from the WalMarts. Isn't it pretty?
7) I also bought a small electric heating pad for my back because six-month-old Baby R is giving me back pain and sciatica. The little dear.
8) Sciatica is NO FUN and I really am empathizing with all the people who have to suffer with it daily, rather than it being brought on and limited to the duration of a pregnancy.
9) I ordered some fabric from Fabric.com and am super pleased with how quick and easy it was to order from them. And their prices are fabu! So so so so much cheaper than Jo-Anns (even with coupons) and by combining orders for three different projects, I got free shipping. Awesomesauce
10) Those projects are:
This Maxi Skirt
Some form of this A-Line Skirt
A cover for our entry way bench modeled after the above (just no bunnies)
11) I have no idea when I'm going to find time to do these projects, but hopefully long before the baby arrives because I really want to wear those skirts and they would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo comfy as maternity skirts.
12) J and I are going to plant blueberry bushes this weekend.
13) We are also celebrating my Grandma Dot's 87th Birthday.
Isn't she the cutest grandma ever?
Happy Birthday Grandma!
And on that note, we shall end Potpourri.