Haven't really felt like blogging in a LONG time. Mostly because I don't know what to write (and Pioneer Woman says to only blog about what you feel like writing, but she does it every day....hmm).
So, some things that have happened since I last blogged:
1) Bought paint for the house. All Behr: Desert Camel for the living room and hallways, Zinnia Gold for the kitchen (IT IS VERY YELLOW AND HAPPY AND I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT IT!!!!!), and Mother Nature for the master bedroom.
2) Bought a rake and hoe and shovel and hose and work gloves to start my garden (whenever it is no longer meltingly hot outside and when we finish painting inside). Jamie told me the coolest way to prepare stiff clay-ey soil like ours. You mark out your garden into 1' strips. Starting with the first one, you dig down 1' and put that dirt into a wheelbarrow. Then you loosen the next foot of soil, mixing in compost or soil or sand or whatever is needed. Then you go to the next strip, digging up that foot of soil and flipping it over to the first strip, filling in the hole. Repeat the process until you have finished digging up and mixing and loosening all strips of the garden, and then put your wheelbarrow of dirt on top of the last strip. Now you have a loosened, prepared, plot of ground for gardening.
3) CLEANED OUT THE PINK ROOM!!! So happy!
4) Started painting the kitchen (mostly doing the cutting in work because I hate doing the rolly brush. blech)
5) Went on a shorts shopping trip with my sister. Confession: I have not worn shorts since 9th grade, maybe? It's been a long time. I just never felt comfortable in shorts because 1) they never fit me well 2) they were never cute and 3) they made my legs look fat to me. Rebekah was VERY good at telling me that all the shorts I tried on combatted all three of these assumptions (except the ones that DID not fit me well). And, I found some cute ones.
And I tried on this dress:
And I looked something very much like a fat, triangular, asparagus stalk. Beck's laughed at me and told me not in a million years and I agreed.
Still, two pairs of Old Navy shorts for $22? YES AND PLEASE!
Now, I should probably get back to painting. Feels good to blog a bit.